Haldiram is India’s most favorite trademark of sweets and Namkeens. Haldiram exports their namkeens and mithais to various countries and it is the unique sweet. The largest-selling sweet in India is haldiram soan papdi. It is prepared from chickpea flour with cardamom, almonds, and pistachios. Soanpapdi has a sugar content of 46.22 gm per 100 gm of sweet. It also contains palm oil which enriches nutritious content to the product. The palm oil is primarily made up of saturated fats, it is suitable for cooking. PUFA components are lo7wer in soanpapdi hence it gets tarnish under heat and is rendered toxic.
In Indian mithai shops, the soanpapdi are boxed up in attractive packages. It has a delicious taste and is cost-wise lower than other sweets. Flaky, crisp, and extremely tastiest sweet made with a mixture of ghee, nuts, and flours.
Ingredients of soanpapdi
- 2 ½ cups of gram flour or chickpea flour/ Besan
- 2 ½ cups of Maida All-purpose/ plain flour
- 500 ml of Ghee
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 5 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cardamoms crushed coarsely
- 4-inch squares cut from thin polythene sheets
- For garnishing chop handful of almonds and pistachios
Preparation for making Haldiramsoanpapdi
- Take the gram flour and Maida together in a bowl and keep aside. Heat the ghee in a heavy pan for 2 minutes in a medium flame. Put on the refined gram flour and Maida and roast until it reaches golden flame. Remove and keep separate. Combine the milk and water in a pan and place it over a normal flame and put on some quality of sugar. Stir the ingredients well until it gets the texture.
- Simmer the stove until it reaches two-third consistency. Pour the watery substance into the gram flour mixture and mingle them well until the mixture gets thread like a wafer. It involves mixing and pulling mixture correspondingly. Transfer the mixture into a dropped plate and braid it 1 inch of thickness.
- Powder the almonds, cardamoms, and pistachios on the top of the mixture. Even the surface by gently blending them and allowing them to cool. Cut it into 1 inch’s square and cover it with the polythene square. Finally, store them in an airtight container and the soanpapdi are ready. You can also do the soanpapdi in different shapes and serve the sweets.
- Two thirds of consistency forms thread stuff when your forefinger and thumb are pulled apart gently after touching the syrup. This stage when a drop of syrup is silted into a bowl to form a softball.
On occasional times haldiramsoanpapdi plays a major role in the platter dishes. All kinds of people like sweet and soanpapdi are included in their festival’s times. Everyone should try soanpapdi in their lifestyle and its taste always remains high. Soanpapdi are traditional sweets in India, it has a unique taste and the calorie content in these sweets is lowered, it has larger health benefits.