Ice cream is one of the most loved desserts, which dates back to the Mughal era, in form of kulfi, is relished by everyone during the summer season. Even though we have different flavors of ice-cream available, chocolate ice-cream is one of the most sought after flavors. Even in chocolate, there is a variety of flavors ranging from sweetness and malty to the subtle bitter aroma to balance the sweetness.
Let’s understand how to make chocolate ice cream with the basic ingredients available at home.
Ingredients – Cocoa powder, custard powder, sugar, milk, full cream, vanilla essence
- In a bowl, mix the custard powder, cocoa powder, and sugar with milk.
- Heat milk in a pan. When it comes to the boiling point, add the mixture and keep on stirring.
- Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer. Once the mixture starts simmering, switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool at room temperature.
- When the mixture cools down, add the vanilla essence and full cream and mix it properly. Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Place the tin in the freezer and let the mixture freeze till it half sets.
- Whip this half-set mixture and blend it in the blender once again and keep it back in the fridge in a container keeping the lid tightly shut.
- Churn the mixture in an ice-cream maker following the instructions of the equipment.
- The consistency of the blend can be adjusted based on cooling for the next two hours. Once the mix is set properly, serve the ice cream with garnishing of chocolate chips or sauce.
You can serve this refreshingly yummy ice-cream as a dessert after lunch or dinner.
Let’s learn how to make chocolate ice cream at home by using egg and chocolate as key ingredients.
Ingredients – cocoa powder, whipped cream, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla essence, milk, and salt
- Add cocoa powder, whipped cream, milk, and sugar in a bowl and mix it well.
- Take another bowl and whisk the egg yolks with a dash of salt and set it aside.
- Heat the milk on medium flame and keep stirring while the mixture continuously. Once it reaches the boiling point, switch off the flame and allow the ingredients to cool at room temperature.
- Whisk the egg yolk mixture and add it to the milk. Blend the mixture properly.
- Heat the mixture on low-medium heat. Add the vanilla essence to the mixture and keep stirring it.
- Pour the mixture in an air-tight tin. Place the tin in the refrigerator and let it set for at least three hours.
- Then, churn the mixture in an ice-cream maker following the instructions of the equipment.
- Transfer the mix into the container with a tight lid and place it in a freezer to sets.
This ice-cream will be the perfect dessert, which people of all ages would love. You may add dry fruits or chocolate chips as a garnish.